Tech-Terrific: Set-up and Test Your Equipment for Success
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
- Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers and will give you the best experience. Clear your cache before connecting to sessions.
- Make sure you are on the most current version!
- Allow cookies.
- Allow pop-up windows on our sites.
- Allow your browser access to your mic & camera if you are participating in video chats.
- DO NOT CONNECT WITHIN A VPN during the conference. Turn off your VPN!
- Firewall minimum requirements: Assumed by default is that TCP ports 80 and 443 are open. Some firewall rules only allow for TCP traffic over port 443, make sure that all traffic can pass over this port. If you continue to experience issues, you may need to open UDP ports 1025 - 65535.
- Do a few systems checks as soon as possible!
- Run an Internet Speed Test to ensure a good browsing experience. Any speed of less than 25 mbps may result in slower page loads.
- Big Marker is the platform on which sessions are presented. Run a Big Marker systems check to ensure smooth sailing for session participation.
- Test your system again at least 60 minutes prior to the live event. This includes your network connection, device battery life (including keyboard and mouse!), and speakers.
Back to Top